Cinco De Mayo - Honolulu, Hawaii
- Powered by MBC NewsMaker
Cinco De Mayo Street Festival 2013 Press Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
On Saturday, May 4, 2013 from 5:00pm to 10:00pm, at the intersection of Hotel Street and Nuuanu Avenue, the Arts District Merchants Association will once again present the annual "Cinco de Mayo Hispanic Celebration" Street Festival.
This celebration serves to bring awareness to Oahu's diverse population of 120,000 Hispanics from over 22 nations. It is co-produced by the Arts at Marks Garage, The Arts District Merchant Association, ChinatownGetDown.com, OOSpot, Alma Latina Radio Show and others.
This celebration will showcase the diversity of Latino culture in Hawaii and includes music, dance, cuisine and the arts.
The Cinco de Mayo Street Hispanic Festival specifically highlights Honolulu's connection to all the beautiful colors, dances, arts, music, folklore and cuisine of Latin America. Local Mexican, Puerto Rican, and Cuban restaurants will feature seasonal specialties, alongside downtown landmark establishments and the best of Honolulu lunch-wagon eateries. Expect Nachos, spicy Chili Con Queso, Tamales and Horchata, Elotes and Pasteles, alongside Chicken Mole and Green Rice, Mexican Pizza, Lamb & Chicken Biryani, French crepes, Cheesecake and more.
The streets will be covered with festive decorations. Flower girls dressed in theme will entice the crowds to join in the spectacle. Ballet Folklorico Mexicano de Oro from the Bay Area, Los Boricuas De Hawaii, Folkloric Dance Troupe will perform, Espiritu Libre, known for their Latin Rhythms from Salsa to Samba to Caribbean beats will also participate. Other Street Performances include: Sewa Fare African Drum and Dance, Dancers Unlimited, Epica Latin Dance, ReVolve, etc.
- Keiki Corner with Games, Prizes, Pinatas, face Painting & other Fun things. This booth is sponsored by Woodmen of the World Fraternal Lodge.
- BANDS: Mariachi Loco ~ Strolling the streets, Son Caribe Salsa Band, Roshan~Tribute to Santana Band, Sewa Fare~Afro-Cuban Drums.
- Dances of Mexico directly from San Jose, California~Ballet Folkloric "Costa de Oro" Mariachi Singer~Christina Linares.
- Epica Latin Dance Company, Arthur Murray Dancers(Latin/Fusion), Flash Mob, Samba Dancers.
- Special Appearance by: Miss Latina Hawaii`2013~Steisha Sheather.
- 808 El Control DJ's in the Alma Latina Radio Tent.(K-108, 1080am).
- KTUH Dj's, KPOI DJ"s.
- Low Riders Pride Cars, Latin American Motorcycle Club Hawaii, Riding Bull & more!!!
Live music will run from 6pm to 10pm on the main stage near the intersection Smith and Hotel street. Headlining the event is Son Caribe, Honolulu's premiere Latin band. This dynamite combo is led by Eddie Ortiz; (trumpeter, vocalist, and arranger), and the group plays a wide variety of musical styles, including Salsa, Merengue and Bachata. Featured vocalist Cynthia Romero's sultry and silky smooth voice complements a solid rhythm and horn section in the eight- piece ensemble. The Santana Tribute Band features Roshan capturing the soul & fire of Santana's guitar magic, while maintaining his own musical personality. If you love Santana and his music then you already know what this band is about.
A special appearance as well by KWAI/K-108's popular and longest-running Hispanic Radio Show in Hawaii - Alma Latina's - 808 DJs, Da Lion of Judah and Jose joining forces as DJ duo El Control, spinning the best in Latin music all night long on the corner of Nuuanu Avenue and Pauahi Street. Favorite KTUH DJs, including: Mr. Nick, Zilla & DJ G-Spot will hold it down at the KTUH EDM tent, alongside the astonishing Mechanical Riding Bull at the King Street Stage. Dozens of Low-riders from 808 Low-riders' Pride will be on display along Hotel Street.
Cinco De Mayo Street Festival 2013 is FREE to all. Those over 21 will be carded and $4 wristbands will be required for enjoying alcoholic beverages. A $10 wristband is available, which, also provides entry to multiple nightclubs in the district, running live bands and DJs from 10pm to 2am.
The official after-party of Cinco de Mayo Hispanic Celebration is brought to you by ChinatownGetDown.com. The clubs so far are: SOHO, The M Nightclub (till 4am), Adego, Indigo, and more t.b.a. .
The Festival is presented by the Arts District Merchants Association; in collaboration with and, Sponsored by OOSPOT, Corona, KPOI and the Honolulu Weekly. Co-produced by HAPA, The Arts at Marks Garage, and ChinatownGetDown.com and the Hawaii Hispanic News.
Visit our contact page to contact us and media inquiries. Event details subject to change.
Event Related Links
Sponsorship / Vendor / Tickets Related Links
- Vendor Booths Opportunities
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Bulk Drink Wristbands & Afterparty Tickets (Save up to 30%)
- Purchase individual Drink Wristband / Afterparty Tickets in Advanced
- SOHO & INDIGO Afterparty Bottle Service Packages
Questions? Ready for an appointment?
- RELATED LINKS
- Cinco De Mayo Hispanic Celebration Festival / Block Party 2016 Honolulu - Hawaii Master Page
Learn about the Cinco De Mayo Block Party - Honolulu - Hawaii
- Cinco De Mayo Block Party Entertainment / Talent
View the entertainment featured at Cinco De Mayo Block Party.
TICKETS - Wristbands, After Party Tickets
BUY TICKETS ONLINE AND AVOID THE LINES!
- Cinco De Mayo Block Party Vendors
View some of the featured vendors.
- Schedule, Maps, Guides, Parking, Map
View Cinco De Mayo Block Party event schedule, maps guides and more. More...
- Cinco De Mayo Block Party 2016 Drink Wristbands, Latin Dance Party and Bulk Tickets
Learn about the Cinco De Mayo Block Party - - Honolulu - Hawaii
- Event Coupons & Discounts
Save money with these coupons.